Configuration PA: Customized for Kemper Profiling Amps
This video shows you the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 and a Kemper Profiling Amp in action:
Five Modes, easily switched between using the Up/Down pedals:
- New in EurekaPROM3! Effects Mode: Turn individual effects on/off in stompbox-like fashion, with state reflected on the pedal LED. Plus tuner access, with note reflected on FCB1010 7-segment display!
- Presets Mode: Easily enter Performances 1-125, Slots 1-5, & Presets 1-128.
- Favorite Presets Mode: Allows you to store and recall your 10 favorite presets with the push of a pedal!
- New in EurekaPROM3! Specials Mode: Looper, plus change the expression pedal definition to modify 9 effects parameters, including morphing!
- Effects & Presets Mode: Access Effects mode pedals 1-5 & Favorite Presets pedals 6-10 in one layout
Expression Pedals programmed for 10 effects & volume. MIDI activity LED. And waterproof labels!
- Turn Effects on/off!
- With 2 MIDI cables connected (FCB MIDI out-to-KPA MIDI in & FCB MIDI in-to-KPA MIDI out), effects state for pedals 1-8 is automatically updated on the pedal LEDs, plus tuner information displayed in FCB1010 7-segment display. *Make sure that the Kemper Profiling Amp is fully powered-up before the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 is powered on.
- With 1 MIDI cable connected (FCB MIDI out-to-KPA MIDI in), the LEDs do not automatically update, but they still have state, three in fact: off, on, blip (for unknown effects state).
- Enter Performances 1-125, Slots 1 through 5 using pedals 1-7.
- Enter Presets 1-128 using pedals 8-10.
- Press & hold pedal 10 to engage Instant Send, which will send the preset program change command on value change.
- Store 10 of your favorite Presets for 1 press recall!
- To store a Preset:
- In Pr mode, select preset via the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010.
- Press & Hold the UP pedal until the 7-segment display begins to flash FP.
- Press the pedal you wish to store the Preset. The 7-segment display will flash when stored.
- To recall a Preset, press and release the pedal of your choice.
- Pedals 1-6 control the Kemper looper.
- Pedals 7 & 8 set the left expression pedal to Wah & Pitch respectively.
- Pedals 9 & 10 set left expression pedal to Delay Mix, Delay Feedback, Reverb Mix, Reverb Time, Gain, Monitor Volume, and Morphing.
- To get to EP mode:
- Go to EF mode.
- Press & Hold the UP pedal until both the EFfects LED & Favorite Presets LED are both lit.
- Pedals 1-5 are from EFfects mode.
- Pedals 6-10 are from FP mode.
- In 1-cable mode, the LED is on when MIDI is sent, off otherwise.
- In 2-cable mode, the LED is off when MIDI is sent/received, on otherwise.
A Kemper Profiling Amp, a Behringer FCB1010, and one or two MIDI cables depending on your preferred mode of operation.
What do you mean "one or two MIDI cables depending on your preferred mode of operation"?
Effects Mode can be operated in either one-cable mode or two-cable mode. In one-cable mode each pedal sends a specific MIDI controller message. In two-cable mode each pedal continues to send a specific MIDI controller message, but pedals 1-8 have the current state of those effect settings reflected on the pedalʼs LED.