Or follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Unplug all cables from your Behringer FCB1010. Flip the FCB1010 upside down so the bottom of the foot pedal is facing up. Remove the 16 screws circled in the photo. Tip: Put them into a cup (or some other container) so you don’t lose a screw.
- Swing the bottom panel away so that you have access to the motherboard. No need to remove the ground cable connecting the bottom panel to the chassis. You can see the EPROM now.
- This step is a little tricky. Carefully remove the hot glue from the EPROM - either with your fingers, needle nose pliers or a small knife. Once the glue is removed, insert a thin screwdriver or small knife between the chip and the socket (not below the socket) to gently lift one edge of the chip 1/16”, then the other side 1/16”, then repeat until the chip is free, taking care not to bend the pins. (You might want to use the chip again in the future.)
- Now place the PROM over the same socket as shown in the picture, making sure that each pin fits into its own place in the socket, then gently push it in. (You do not need to hot glue it back in - unless you like playing with hot glue…)
- Move the bottom panel back into place, and screw back in all 16 screws. The 6 longer screws go in the 3 holes at each end of the chassis.
- Flip your new & improved MIDI controller back to right-side-up.
- Affix the enclosed labels, using the appropriate pedal label set for your effects box. Below is one way to affix them. But feel free to get creative with it. Stickers are fun! :-)
- Plug the power cable in. And connect the MIDI cables:
- FCB1010 MIDI Out -to- Effects Box MIDI In for all configurations
- Plus FCB1010 MIDI In -to- Effects Box MIDI Out for configurations A3, VA, & Vb
*Note that EurekaSound is not responsible for any harm or damage to any person or to your FCB1010.
Don't want to load the EurekaPROM yourself? No problem.
Free shipping to the USA, currently no international shipping.
The first time the FCB-1010 is powered on after inserting EurekaPROM, it will automatically perform some initialization on the non-volatile memory. Note that any previously stored calibration data or favorite presets from an earlier EurekaSound EPROM will be erased. The display will show "CL" and "--" alternating while clearing the non-volatile memory. It will then show "In" while initializing default parameters. After initialization is completed, it will wait for the user to select the desired configuration (see next section...)
- Keep switches 1 and 2 pressed while powering up the unit.
- You'll see "A3" appear on the 7-segment display, and the Pedal 5 LED begin to flash.
|In the 7-Segment Display||Select if your Effects Box is:|
|A3||Roger Linn Design AdrenaLinn 3|
|PA||Kemper Profiling Amp|
|VA||Behringer V-Amp Series|
|Vb||Behringer Bass V-Amp Series|
|11||Avid Eleven Rack|
|G-||TC Electronic G-Force, G-Major, G-Major 2, G-Sharp, Nova|
|FA||Fractal Audio Axe-FX II|
|Po||Line6 POD Series|
|bo||BOSS GT-PRO, Roland VG-99/BG-99, etc.|
|PP|| Pedal Programmed for other effect units.
|IO|| The Input/Output configuration.
Here's a video showing the Select Configuration procedure:
- Keep Pedals 1 and 5 pressed while powering up the unit. (You'll see "CA" appear on the 7-segment display.)
- Move the left expression pedal to the lowest position (heel closest to the ground - should see a number on display <10*), then press the UP pedal.
- Now move the left expression pedal to the highest position (heel furthest from the ground - should see a number on display >120*), followed by pressing the UP pedal.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 but with the right expression pedal.
Here's a video showing the calibration procedure: