Configuration Vb: Customized for the Behringer Bass V-Amp Series
Five Modes, easily switched between using the Up/Down pedals:
- Effects Mode: Turn individual effects on/off in stompbox-like fashion, with state reflected on the pedal LED
- Presets Mode: Easily enter presets 1A-25E
- Improved in EurekaPROM2! Favorite Presets Mode: Allows you to store & recall your 10 favorite presets with the push of a pedal!
- Specials Mode: Use the looping function in the Bass V-Amp!
- New to EurekaPROM2! Effects & Presets Mode: Access Effects mode pedals 1-5 & Favorite Presets pedals 6-10 in one layout
Expression Pedals programmed for wah & volume. MIDI activity LED. And waterproof labels!
Switch between modes with UP/DOWN pedals.
1) EF: Effects
- Turn Effects on/off!
- Requires 2 MIDI cables connected (FCB MIDI out-to-Bass V-Amp MIDI in & FCB MIDI in-to-Bass V-Amp MIDI out).
- Effects state for pedals 1-8 is automatically updated on the pedal LEDs.
2) Pr: Presets
- Enter Presets 1A-25E!
- Enter preset A-E using pedals 1-5.
- Decrement/Increment bank using pedals 6 & 7. Bank displayed in 7-segment display.
- Pedal 10 toggles the Tuner on/off.
3) FP: Favorite Presets
- Store 10 of your favorite Presets for 1 press recall!
- To store a Preset:
- In Pr mode, select preset via the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010.
- Press & Hold the UP pedal until the 7-segment display begins to flash FP.
- Press the pedal you wish to store the Preset. The 7-segment display will flash when stored.
- To recall a Preset, press and release the pedal of your choice.
4) SP: Specials - Looper
- Use the looper in the Bass V-Amp!
- FX is switched to Loop/Delay upon entering SP mode.
- Some of looping functions don't operate properly on very old Bass V-Amp Pros with Bass V-Amp PROM version 1.0 - you can 'pop-the-lid' off of your Bass V-Amp Pro to check. All other modes work properly even with the old PROM.
5) EP: Effects & Presets
- To get to EP mode:
- Go to EF mode.
- Press & Hold the UP pedal until both the EFfects LED & Favorite Presets LED are both lit.
- Pedals 1-5 are from EFfects mode.
- Pedals 6-10 are from FP mode.
MIDI Activity LED
- In 1-cable mode, the LED is on when MIDI is sent, off otherwise.
- In 2-cable mode, the LED is off when MIDI is sent/received, on otherwise.
What do I need for this setup?
A Behringer Bass V-Amp Series processor with firmware version 1.09*, a Behringer FCB1010 loaded with the EurekaPROM, and one or two MIDI cables depending on your preferred mode of operation. [*Note that we sell the version 1.09 Behringer Bass V-Amp PRO PROM for $20. This requires you to open the Bass V-Amp Pro and replace it's PROM. You can purchase by clicking on this link: Buy Bass V-Amp Pro PROM v1.09. This is not a substitution for the EurekaPROM, but in addition to.]
What do you mean "one or two MIDI cables depending on your preferred mode of operation"?
You may operate this in 1-cable mode, but EF mode is not functional. In two-cable mode EF mode is functional with effect state reflected on pedal LEDs.
Even though I have both MIDI cables connected, when I turn on my Bass V-Amp series processor & EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 two-cable mode isn't detected.
The EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 boots faster than the Bass V-Amp processor, so if you turn them on simultaneously the EurekaPROM won't detect the return MIDI cable. The solution is to turn on the Bass V-Amp processor first and let it finish booting before you turn on the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010.
When I enter SP mode the FX changes settings. Why?
Delay/Loop is one of 15 FX settings in the Bass V-Amp. VamPROM Bass automatically sets the FX mode to 'Loop' as soon as you enter SP mode.