Configuration A3: Customized for your AdrenaLinn III
Four Modes, easily switched between using the Up/Down pedals:
- Effects Mode: Turn individual effects on/off in stompbox-like fashion, with state reflected on the pedal LED
- Presets Mode: Easily enter presets 0-199, and drumbeats 0-199
- Favorite Presets Mode: Allows you to store and recall your 10 favorite presets with the push of a pedal!
- Specials Mode: Play AdrenaLinn III drum samples with your feet!
Expression Pedals programmed for wah & volume. MIDI activity LED. And waterproof labels!
Switch between modes with UP/DOWN pedals.
1) EF: Effects
- Turn Effects on/off!
- With 2 MIDI cables connected (FCB MIDI out-to-AdrenaLinn MIDI in & FCB MIDI in-to-AdrenaLinn MIDI out), effects state for pedals 1-5 is automatically updated on the pedal LEDs.
- With 1 MIDI cable connected (FCB MIDI out-to-AdrenaLinn MIDI in), the LEDs do not automatically update, but they still have state, three in fact: off, on, blip (for unknown effects state).
2) Pr: Presets
- Enter Presets or Drumbeats 0-199!
- Select Presets with Pedal 1, Drumbeats with Pedal 6. Pr/d.b displayed in 7-segment display.
- Use Pedals 2-4 & 7-9 to select specific Preset/Drumbeat. Displayed in 7-segment display.
- Press Pedal 5 to send the MIDI Program Change command to the AdrenaLinn III.
- With Pedal 10 on, a Program Change command is sent on each change. With Pedal 10 off, Pedal 5 must be pressed for the Program Change command to be sent.
3) FP: Favorite Presets
- Store 10 of your favorite Presets/Drumbeats for 1 press recall!
- To store a Preset/Drumbeat:
- In Pr mode, select preset/drumbeat, press Send (Pedal 5).
- Immediately Press UP to enter FP mode.
- Press and hold the pedal you wish to store the Preset/Drumbeat for ~5 seconds. The 7-segment display will flash when stored.
- Leave FP mode.
- To recall a Preset/Drumbeat, press and release the pedal of your choice. Note that the Program Change command is sent on the release, not the press.
4) SP: Specials - Drums
- Play drums with your feet!
- Note that you may need to enable MIDI DRUMS on the A3. Check FAQ below for instructions.
MIDI Activity LED
- In 1-cable mode, the LED is on when MIDI is sent, off otherwise.
- In 2-cable mode, the LED is off when MIDI is sent/received, on otherwise.
What do I need for this setup?
An AdrenaLinn III, a Behringer FCB1010, and one or two MIDI cables depending on your preferred mode of operation.
What do you mean "one or two MIDI cables depending on your preferred mode of operation"?
Effects Mode can be operated in either one-cable mode or two-cable mode. In one-cable mode each pedal sends a specific MIDI controller message. In two-cable mode each pedal continues to send a specific MIDI controller message, but pedals 1-5 have the current state of those effect settings reflected on the pedalʼs LED.
In 2-cable mode I notice that pressing the AdrenaLinn III's Effect footswitch will sometimes change one or more of pedals 1-5 LEDs on the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB?
That's expected. Each preset in the AdrenaLinn III has a mapping of its EFFECT footswitch to one or more effects. Those effects include Amp, Modulation (Mod FX), Compression, Delay, Reverb, and Boost. The LEDs for pedals 1-5 on the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 reflect the current on/off-state of Amp, Mod FX, Compression, Delay, and Reverb (not Boost however). So, when the AdrenaLinn III Effect footswitch is toggled, one or more effect LEDS will toggle accordingly for that preset. That is unless the preset has the AdrenaLinn III Effect footswitch is tied to boost, then no pedal LEDs will toggle.
What functions can I assign to the MIDI control messages triggered by the pedals?
There are a bunch. Check out the AdrenaLinn III manual for complete details.
What functions can I assign to the MIDI control messages sent by the expression pedals?
Check out the AdrenaLinn III manual for complete details.
What drum sounds can I assign?
There are lots. 9 styles of bass drum, 9 styles of snare, 9 styles of hi-hat, and 15 different percussion sounds.
You guessed it, check out the AdrenaLinn III manual for complete details.
How do I enable MIDI DRUMS on the A3?
You can see 'MIDI DRUMS' printed on the A3 label, in the matrix in the bottom row labeled "SYSTEM" in the column under the Tempo knob.
Here's how to turn the MIDI drums on:
- On the A3, briefly press the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons at the same time
- Then press the DOWN ARROW to move the row LED to SYSTEM
- Rotate the tempo knob a bit - you'll see the column LED move to that column - rotate until it says "On" on the A3 7-segment display
Will this setup work for my AdrenaLinn I or AdrenaLinn II?
The EurekaPROM is optimized for the AdrenaLinn III, so you'd need to upgrade your AdrenaLinn I or II to use the EurekaPROM.
Even though I have both MIDI cables connected, when I turn on my AdrenaLinn III & EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 two-cable mode isn't detected.
The EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 boots faster than the AdrenaLinn III, so if you turn them on simultaneously the EurekaPROM won't detect the return MIDI cable. The solution is to turn on the AdrenaLinn III first and let it finish booting before you turn on the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010.
Also, make sure the AdrenaLinn III is set up to send & receive on MIDI channel 1.