Configuration Vb: Customized for the Behringer Bass V-Amp Series
Five Modes, easily switched between using the Up/Down pedals:
- Effects Mode: Turn individual effects on/off in stompbox-like fashion, with state reflected on the pedal LED
- Presets Mode: Easily enter presets 1A-25E
- Favorite Presets Mode: Allows you to store & recall your 10 favorite presets with the push of a pedal!
- Specials Mode: Use the looping function in the Bass V-Amp!
- Effects & Presets Mode: Access Effects mode pedals 1-5 & Favorite Presets pedals 6-10 in one layout
Expression Pedals programmed for wah & volume. MIDI activity LED. And waterproof labels!
Switch between modes with UP/DOWN pedals.
1) EF: Effects
- Turn Effects on/off!
- Requires 2 MIDI cables connected (FCB MIDI out-to-Bass V-Amp MIDI in & FCB MIDI in-to-Bass V-Amp MIDI out). *Make sure that the V-Amp is fully powered-up before the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 is powered on.
- Effects state for pedals 1-8 is automatically updated on the pedal LEDs.
2) Pr: Presets
- Enter Presets 1A-25E!
- Enter preset A-E using pedals 1-5.
- Decrement/Increment bank using pedals 6 & 7. Bank displayed in 7-segment display.
- Pedal 10 toggles the Tuner on/off.
3) FP: Favorite Presets
- Store 10 of your favorite Presets for 1 press recall!
- To store a Preset:
- In Pr mode, select preset via the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010.
- Press & Hold the UP pedal until the 7-segment display begins to flash FP.
- Press the pedal you wish to store the Preset. The 7-segment display will flash when stored.
- To recall a Preset, press and release the pedal of your choice.
4) SP: Specials - Looper
- Use the looper in the Bass V-Amp!
- FX is switched to Loop/Delay upon entering SP mode.
- Some of looping functions don't operate properly on very old Bass V-Amp Pros with Bass V-Amp PROM version 1.0 - you can 'pop-the-lid' off of your Bass V-Amp Pro to check. All other modes work properly even with the old PROM.
5) EP: Effects & Presets
- To get to EP mode:
- Go to EF mode.
- Press & Hold the UP pedal until both the EFfects LED & Favorite Presets LED are both lit.
- Pedals 1-5 are from EFfects mode.
- Pedals 6-10 are from FP mode.
MIDI Activity LED
- In 1-cable mode, the LED is on when MIDI is sent, off otherwise.
- In 2-cable mode, the LED is off when MIDI is sent/received, on otherwise.
What do I need for this setup?
A Behringer Bass V-Amp Series processor with firmware version 1.09*, a Behringer FCB1010 loaded with the EurekaPROM, and one or two MIDI cables depending on your preferred mode of operation.
What do you mean "one or two MIDI cables depending on your preferred mode of operation"?
You may operate this in 1-cable mode, but EF mode is not functional. In two-cable mode EF mode is functional with effect state reflected on pedal LEDs.
Even though I have both MIDI cables connected, when I turn on my Bass V-Amp series processor & EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 two-cable mode isn't detected.
The EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 boots faster than the Bass V-Amp processor, so if you turn them on simultaneously the EurekaPROM won't detect the return MIDI cable. The solution is to turn on the Bass V-Amp processor first and let it finish booting before you turn on the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010.
When I enter SP mode the FX changes settings. Why?
Delay/Loop is one of 15 FX settings in the Bass V-Amp. VamPROM Bass automatically sets the FX mode to 'Loop' as soon as you enter SP mode.